Saturday, August 19, 2006

To My Prayer Pals

 Every once in awhile a blessing shows it's little head, and as silly as it sounds you get the urge to ask God to please let you be blessed later. And no, I'm not talking about the baby ;).
   Over two years ago, when Lee first started at the bookstore, we had sat down and discussed where we would eventually like to end up and a specific place is what we settled on for many reasons. Several months ago that is the very store that was brought up to Lee in a,"Would you be interested?", sort of way. It was hard but we laid down a few if they do this, this and/or this we'll consider it. It's been brought up a couple of more times since then but it never really looked like they would be willing to give much, although the carrot they dangled did get a little bigger each time. Last week, Lee was again asked if he would consider taking over the store, and they are finally willing to accommodate the last thing we were really holding out for. So, if they are willing to work on the timing with us, and they are saying they will, though there isn't an exact plan laid out, it looks like we will be moving about six'ish weeks after the baby is born.
   This is the usual pattern of things when we have a baby, we have a baby and Lee gets a new job or a position requiring a move. With Bri it was at six months, not too bad. Tori was five weeks old, but we didn't have to move until she was almost three months, which was actually horrible because that had Lee driving back and forth from Iowa to Indiana for two months. We got a break with Bethani. Lee started at the bookstore and just a few months later we found out she was on the way, so we were settled into Lee's new position before she arrived. This time it looks like we're back on schedule with a baby then a move :).
   Anyway, the whole purpose of going into all of this is to ask my "prayer pals" to be holding this situation up to the Father. On the one hand this is something we really want and we don't want to make the final decision based on human want. On the other hand, we don't want to say no, if this is God's will for us, simply out of laziness. A move in the middle of the school year with two "in" school, a toddler, and a newborn sounds exhausting! And I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of possibly losing some of that precious "babymoon" time, when mommies have permission to be fully absorbed in their baby. Of course, if we are forced to live in a hotel for a few weeks I'll have nothing to do but hold my baby anyway, that would take care of that! Incidentally, as I write this paragraph, the hymn Have A Little Talk With Jesus started playing in the background :). Good idea...
   I'll keep you updated but it could be a couple of weeks before we know anything definite.


  1. Shelby,

    I'll be praying for you and family. May the Lord make His way clear before you and lead you in the way that you should go.

    Look forward to hearing more updates!

  2. I'll be praying for you and your family!

    -jenna :)